Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cash for Gold: It's True

This week, my husband and I collected some old silver and gold jewelry that we no longer wore. Some pieces, like my childhood charm bracelets, had not been worn in over 40 years. We took them to a local buyer for gold. My husband's jaw literally dropped when we were offered hundreds of dollars for pieces of jewelry that we had mostly forgotten that we owned.

We paid our mortgage payment and a dentist bill with the money.

I never believed those TV ads promoting Cash for Gold. But it's true. And it is recycling! The gold and silver will be melted down and used again.

We used a local dealer in Bellevue, our home. If there is not a "gold recycle outlet" in your city, try a place like Birk's Gold Exchange, a Canadian company that buys gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment